Use Your Front Door to Boost Your Curb Appeal
If you want to boost curb appeal without spending too much money, direct your focus to your front door. Investing in a new front door is one of the easiest, most cost-effective ways to increase your home’s value.
Below, we’ll list some reasons to upgrade your front door, and then we’ll give you some suggestions for how to implement this helpful, low-cost home improvement project.
Why Should You Upgrade Your Front Door?
An upgraded front door not only increases resale value, but it transforms your home’s exterior as well. What’s not to love about that?
In fact, front doors have a surprising amount of swaying power when it comes to selling your home. There are a number of reasons people turn to front door makeovers before they list their home:
- Many buyers are looking for modern features, including front doors, when browsing through home listings.
- Many real estate agents agree that a buyer’s first impression starts at the front door.
- Many real estate agents advise sellers to update exterior features, especially front doors, before listing a house.
- Many real estate agents believe new front doors add to a home’s value by as much as five times the cost of the door itself.
Currently, it’s a buyers’ market, and most home buyers share one similarity: they want to save money. New front doors offer home buyers one more reason to save money. Why? Because new doors are generally energy efficient and reduce energy bills.
Most doors manufactured today offer energy efficiency and help homeowners save money on utility costs. When you list your home and highlight its features, including a new front door will help pique prospective buyers’ interest.
What Material Should You Choose for Your Front Door?
Sturdy, durable doors are generally worth more than flimsy, lackluster doors. In Ohio’s climate, weak doors may wear out, crack, split, and rot. Investing in a new front door will prevent damage and protect your house from winter’s harshest elements.
In terms of front door materials, fiberglass and steel will give you the biggest bang for your buck. Though they’re pricier than wood doors, fiberglass and steel doors are strong, secure, and beautiful.
- Fiberglass doors are expertly crafted, energy efficient, and easy to maintain. Many homeowners in Ohio choose fiberglass doors to protect their homes during the winter and eliminate the threat of rot and rust. Fiberglass doors don’t dent, which allows you to better maintain your home’s exterior beauty.
- Steel doors are also energy efficient and built to withstand harsh weather. Like fiberglass doors, steel doors won’t need to be replaced very often.
Whether you want a door to add personality, style, or security to your home, you can’t go wrong with fiberglass and steel options.
Many homeowners worry they will have to invest in major renovation projects to improve their home and make it market worthy, but such isn’t the case. Oftentimes, minor changes make a major difference and instantly draw interested prospective buyers to your property.
How Can You Get Started?
Contact your local door manufacturer to discuss your needs and find a front door that suits your home. Door manufacturers will have a clear idea of which front doors can improve your home’s value and reduce energy bills without draining your wallet.
If you want to boost your curb appeal, don’t worry about major renovation options that don’t have a high return on investment. Instead, invest in a new front door. A new front door may not seem like much of an improvement, but you’ll be surprised with the positive feedback you get from your real estate agent and prospective buyers.
And remember: once you’ve upgraded your front door, be sure to include it in your listing. Home buyers will be eager to look at homes with new, energy-efficient features. Don’t delay-make the change to a new front door today.